8.5.17 Wedding Day!

Hello, my name is Sarah Roberts. I am a dietetics student from Utah State University where I go to school with my new husband, Paul. 

I wanted to start a blog because I love food. I love making food, I love eating food, everything. Not only is it delicious and fun by itself, but it also brings comfort, excitement, and a sense of community. That is why I love it so much. So this will be a little food log of my experiments. I also would love to share some of the nutrition information I learn in class that may be relevant to the dish I am discussing.

But to start out, I got married August 5th of 2017, and what better day than my wedding day to talk about food? 

Leading up to the wedding day people would often tell me that I would be too nervous to eat on my wedding day and that I would end up eating at McDonald's after the reception. They would say that I wouldn't get any food from the fancy caterer at the wedding because they didn't at theirs.

I am so emotionally attached to food that these conversations really annoyed me. I. Love. Food. and no one was going to take my food away from me, especially on my wedding day when I had planned the menu with the caterer and ordered the perfect wedding cake from a local farmer's market bakery.

So, between pictures and the beginning of the reception, Paul and I sat down and had a meal that was prepared by our caterer before getting in line to greet guests. And let me tell you, it was delicious. Even while we were eating, people came up and said: wow, I can't believe you are eating! I didn't eat at my reception!

 

The caterer, Angela (Angela's Catering), made a lovely spread for the wedding. There were fruit waters, a beautiful fruit display, an array of green salads, pasta salad, and warm assorted rolls. Absolutely delicious and I felt full and comfortable for the rest of the day. Heaven knows that I can get hangry. And that would have been the worst on my wedding day.


At the end of the reception we did the "smash cake in your spouse's face" tradition. So I got a little bite of the cake and the other half of the piece went up my nose :P but the cake was delicious! It was vanilla sponge cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. It was four layers with a fruit syrup and frosting between the layers. There were raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries on top as well as a little on the inside. I also got some macaroons on the top :) which I was really excited for. Bubble and Brown bakery in Salt Lake City made the cake.



It tasted so good! It was moist but not mushy and the flavors added together really hit the spot, even though I just got a little taste. The funny thing is that Paul said that we would just give each other cake nicely and not smash it in each other's faces. He was feeding me this lie for months and then the day came and he showed me no mercy. That was really too bad, because I am competitive and didn't show any mercy right back.

Overall, the weather was amazing, the day was special, and I got to spend it with the people I love.

Thank you to my amazing bridesmaids and parents for making that day so fun. I also want to say thank you to my photographer for documenting the day and working hard to make it exactly how I wanted it. Lastly, thank you to my husband, Paul, for always working so hard to make me happy. I love you.








Thanks for reading! And thank you to everyone who follows me and shows love and support! I really appreciate you guys! I don't know if you are all aware, but I post on 4 different websites so that you can have easy access to the recipes I post. Whichever website is most convenient for you, I want to help you! If you have any questions or suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Just comment below!

Comments